Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's Good to Be Back, Chicago

A domestic ungulate, known as "Cow"
Going from a city to a small country town is not easy. You realize, for the upteenth time, why you did not want to live there in the first place. You put up with "townies." You see the shirt that says "There are three kinds of racks that I like: the one on my truck, the one on that deer, and the one on my girlfriend" way too much. The mullet is still in style. Wearing short dresses and high heels is kind of unheard of (thus making half of my wardrobe unwearable). I wore flip flops to go out. Gasp. Oh, and look! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bought these at DSW, 50% off!
Lulu Townsend, Effie
This is why, my friends, it's good to be back in Chicago. Not only can I go out in adorable clothing, and just be part of the scene, I can head downtown on the train and be within a million billion little boutiques and department stores in about a half hour. Can't beat that (my wallet groans).

But I've been good. I love that I can sit in Jamba Juice sipping (technically slurping) an overpriced but highly delicious Peach Perfection and watch Chicago stroll by. Impromptu break dance contest? Sure, why not. Three girls all wearing mostly the same tank top with grey and neon yellow stripes? There are other colors of neon out there ladies. Love it, but branch out.
The Ubiquitous Neon Striped Tank Top
(thanks Polyvore)
I adore looking at other people in cute clothing (don't make fun of me) and possibly incorporating their style. I love the club life, and the fact that bars are open till 5 and then can open again at 6am. What what. Ok, I never actually stay out that late, but it's nice to have the option.
Basically, Chicago is pretty fantastic. If you ever get the chance, you should probably check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment